|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2014-04-24 18:44 CEST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0004292||OCaml||OCamldoc||public||2007-05-24 13:21||2013-08-31 12:48|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||4.00.0+dev|
|Summary||0004292: various documentation problems|
|Description||Some of these points are very minor, but I thought I tell|
everything I spotted and let you decide...
0. AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN: PLEASE MAKE THE SOURCES OF THE
DOCUMENTATION AVAILABLE [or produce a manual with changes
information yourself] I am begging for this for years already!
1. the positional specifier for width and precision of printf
format strings is poorly described
2. the tar file with html version of the manual contains strange
files, eg manual.haux
3. the comment of UnixLabels.wait_flag refers to module Unix
4. type in Genarray.map_file: default->defaults
5. online doc pointer in
http://caml.inria.fr/ocaml/release-prev.en.html [^] points to the
6. in bscanf, its unclear what "bounding condition" means
7. format6 is missing in the builtin types
8. in the txt version, explanations of embedded modules are
displaced, for instance "Scanning buffers" appears as headline
_after_ the contents of the Scanf.Scanning module
9. capiltal format string letters are treated as constructors:
<code class="code"><span class="constructor">F</span></code>
10. the comment on Pervasives.format4 is general and should
follow the heading directly
11. wrong open_in in open_in_gen description
12. use the meta symbol class-body in class-expr
13. in the txt version: formatting error in the 3rd case of
14. [might be a feature] some file names have changed, eg
lex.html instead of manual009.html
15. in the txt version, the first line of embedded output is
behind the << marker, eg
- : int = 7
16. wrong version used:
Camlp4 Parsing version 3.10+dev26 (2007-04-25)
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Points No 4, 6, 10, 11 are corrected in the working sources.
Point 1 will be worked out soon, when the positional specifiers implementation is either finished or abandoned at the end of next month.
Thank you for the careful review.
|Points No 3 also corrected.|
0: it is now available at http://caml.inria.fr/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/ocamldoc/ [^]
1: done (positional specifiers were removed).
2: fixed in trunk [3.13.0] (commit 12138)
5: done by fixing PR#1893
7: fixed in trunk [3.13.0] (commit 12135)
12: fixed in trunk [3.13.0] (commit 12137)
14: it's a feature
15: Not sure what you mean by "behind". It is indented by 2 spaces, which puts it right after the marker.
16: correct in 3.12.1
That leaves us with:
8: but look for "Formatted input channel" instead of "Scanning buffers"
13: should be indented more, but look for "polymorphic-variant-type" instead of "variant-type"
8 and 13 are most probably ocamldoc bugs, not sure about 9.
8 is fixed. It was a mistake in Scanf.mli: a missing blank line between the header comment and the module declaration meant that the header comment was the description of the module, which was properly printed after the module declaration by ocamldoc. (commits 12230 and 12231)
13 is a bug/limitation of Hevea, not ocamldoc.
About 9: it's a problem that we'll have to live with. Using another notation in the .mli would make it rather unreadable.
I'm closing this PR.
|2007-05-24 13:21||Hendrik Tews||New Issue|
|2007-05-25 09:21||weis||Status||new => acknowledged|
|2007-05-25 09:29||weis||Note Added: 0004068|
|2007-05-25 09:34||weis||Note Added: 0004069|
|2012-02-07 14:08||doligez||Relationship added||related to 0001893|
|2012-02-07 15:07||doligez||Note Added: 0006895|
|2012-02-07 15:07||doligez||Category||OCaml documentation => OCamldoc|
|2012-03-13 17:36||doligez||Note Added: 0007058|
|2012-03-13 17:36||doligez||Status||acknowledged => resolved|
|2012-03-13 17:36||doligez||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2012-03-13 17:36||doligez||Fixed in Version||=> 4.00.0+dev|
|2013-08-31 12:48||xleroy||Status||resolved => closed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2011 MantisBT Group|