- In the interval
[-230,230-1] on 32-bit machines and in the interval
[-262,262-1] on 64-bit machines
- The floating point number m × 10n is
represented with a 53-bit mantissa m and an exponent n in the interval
- Not a Number
- The List module is presented on page
- Fortunately since the number of types is only limited by
- Some predefined functions do not obey this
rule, in particular the structural equality function (=) which is
polymorphic (its type is 'a -> 'a -> bool) but which explores the
structure of its arguments to test their equality.
- Translator's note: In Molière's play Le
Bourgeois Gentilhomme (The Bourgeois Gentleman), the character Mr.
Jourdain is amazed to discover that he has been speaking prose all his
life. The play can be found at
gives an excerpt
from an English translation, including this part.
- Translator's note: The rules for French Tarot
can be found, for example, at
- Translator's note: Thanks to the new ``polymorphic
variants'' feature of Objective CAML 3.00, some other sum types can now be
extended as well