Version française
Home     About     Download     Resources     Contact us    

This site is updated infrequently. For up-to-date information, please visit the new OCaml website at

Browse thread
[Caml-list] compile problem
[ Home ] [ Index: by date | by threads ]
[ Search: ]

[ Message by date: previous | next ] [ Message in thread: previous | next ] [ Thread: previous | next ]
Date: -- (:)
From: dengping zhu <zhudp@c...>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] compile problem
Hi, Markus, 

You are right. After I removed all the "module A = struct ... end"  
from the ml and mli files, it's ok now. 

But I still can not figure out why all my original files works well if I
enter the ocaml mode and 

# #use "a.mli"
# #use ""

I think that it should be consistent in both ways.


On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Markus Mottl wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, dengping zhu wrote:
>> Thanks. I tried it, but I still have problems with the *.mli files.
>> How should I put all the *.mli files into the Makefile?
>> I did as follows:
>> Source: a.mli b.mli
>You probably mean:
>  SOURCES = a.mli b.mli
>> But every time the error messages show that it could not find the
>> module type which I defined in the mli file.
>Hm, unless you try to access module B from within A, in which case you'd
>have to just reorder the modules in the SOURCES-line, it's probably an
>error in your definition. If I guess correctly, you may have tried to
>define a "module A = struct ... end" in your file, which you don't
>have to, because each file already is a module of the corresponding name.
>Markus Mottl
>Markus Mottl                                   
>Austrian Research Institute
>for Artificial Intelligence        
>To unsubscribe, mail Archives:
>Bug reports: FAQ:
>Beginner's list:

To unsubscribe, mail Archives:
Bug reports: FAQ:
Beginner's list: