Version française
Home     About     Download     Resources     Contact us    
Browse thread
[Caml-list] Is Caml a fraud ( especially on Windows )?
[ Home ] [ Index: by date | by threads ]
[ Search: ]

[ Message by date: previous | next ] [ Message in thread: previous | next ] [ Thread: previous | next ]
Date: -- (:)
From: Maxence Guesdon <maxence.guesdon@i...>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Is Caml a fraud ( especially on Windows )?

> >I created the cameleon-list because, suddenly, there seemed to be various users 
> >having problems compiling cameleon, and the caml-list is NOT the place to discuss about it. 
> No. The best place probably was/is the caml beginners list. But it
> seems that not many people bother with that list. When I didn't get
> a reply I posted here. AFAICS that's the same state with the cameleon
> list.

Can you imagine how the mailing lists (beginners' of caml-list) would be polluted if anybody having problems compiling a caml software posted to these lists ? What next ? You will ask Linux questions because you develop a software in OCaml under Linux ?
I tried to reply to you, and I posted a message on the cameleon-list to say I would not make a port to windows (though I would add such a port if someone makes it). But you did not make any effort. You're just waiting for people to work for you ? Well, if you give me root/admin access to your machine, I may help you .. ;-)

> Lie. I posted the steps I took to try to get the errors. I detail
> several different approaches I took to try and remedy the errors.
> I then posted the offending line in the build of the approach most 
> likely to suceed along with the error message.

Now you are the lier. I made you a suggestion to compile and you just replied to me : "It fails". Then I had to ask you for details...

Well, the point is that you should not try to develop software if you can't make some effort. The best you can do is to use Visual Basic, I think... Then Microsoft will be very happy too reply to your phone calls and e-mails, with your credit card number of course :-)

> >AS replied by Remi, I don't claim Cameleon works on Windows, 
> >but should work on Cygwin under Windows, which is different.
> >
> Actually in the FAQ you claim that it runs on anything that runs
> lablgtk ( along with some other condition that is trivially attained
> ).
> Are you saying that lablgtk doesn't work with the Win32 port?

I don't know. I don't even care, in fact. There's a lablgtk list, you know.

> Well as noticed above, I seem to be more familiar with some of the
> docs then you are. As for why I don't read the docs inside
> and out. That's because I prefer to read the language description. 

Now you're really bothering me, kid.

I send a copy of this message to the caml-list, because I don't want to hide anything about my decision about you : I'll kick you out of the cameleon-list.

Please, unsubscribe from the caml-list. 

-- 
Maxence Guesdon
-------------------
To unsubscribe, mail caml-list-request@inria.fr Archives: http://caml.inria.fr
Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs FAQ: http://caml.inria.fr/FAQ/
Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners