Version française
Home     About     Download     Resources     Contact us    

This site is updated infrequently. For up-to-date information, please visit the new OCaml website at

Browse thread
[Caml-list] Aqua ocamlbrowser on Mac OS X
[ Home ] [ Index: by date | by threads ]
[ Search: ]

[ Message by date: previous | next ] [ Message in thread: previous | next ] [ Thread: previous | next ]
Date: 2004-02-06 (21:00)
From: Trevor Jim <trevor@r...>
Subject: [Caml-list] Re: Aqua ocamlbrowser on Mac OS X
I debugged the following when getting a version of Unison running in 

     /* When you click-start or use the open command, the program is 
invoked with
        a command-line arg of the form -psn_XXXXXXXXX.  The XXXXXXXX is 
a "process
        serial number" and it seems to be important for Carbon programs. 
  We need
        to get rid of it if it's there so the ocaml code won't exit.  
Note, the
        extra arg is not added if the binary is invoked directly from 
the command
        line without using the open command. */
     if (argc == 2 && strncmp(argv[1],"-psn_",5) == 0) {
         argv[1] = NULL;

I just put that in main before calling caml.  (I am calling caml from 


On Friday, February 6, 2004, at 02:11  PM, Shivkumar Chandrasekaran 

> did not work if I double-clicked on I then tried 
> from the command line
> open -a Ocamlbrowser
> That at least let ocamlbrowser display its error message that the 
> options to the command line were at fault. All the Console showed in 
> the log was a dreaded "RegisterProcess failed (error -50)" message.
> So I edited the source file ..../otherlibs/labltk/browser/ and 
> essentially commented out the command line argument parsing step. I 
> did "make" and moved the new binary into 
> and everything works pretty nicely 
> now.

To unsubscribe, mail Archives:
Bug reports: FAQ:
Beginner's list: