Version française
Home     About     Download     Resources     Contact us    
Browse thread
ocaml+twt v0.90
[ Home ] [ Index: by date | by threads ]
[ Search: ]

[ Message by date: previous | next ] [ Message in thread: previous | next ] [ Thread: previous | next ]
Date: -- (:)
From: Jonathan Roewen <jonathan.roewen@g...>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] marshaling limits
I'm sure one of the marshalling functions uses malloc internally. Have
you tried Marshal.to_channel? That _should_ avoid using ocaml strings.

Jonathan

On 1/18/07, Sebastien Ferre <ferre@irisa.fr> wrote:
>
> Daniel Bünzli wrote:
>
> >> pourtant, je passe bien par un appel a output_value
> >> dans un fichier, sans passer par une chaine intermediaire.
> >
> > Maybe output_value uses a string internally. Try with a bytecode
> > version of your executable, an exception should be raised (or have a
> > look at the implementaiton of output_value).
>
> I used a bytecode version.
>
> I checked the code of output_value, and it uses an internal
> string. So it won't work.
>
> Anyway, I knew I would have to go for a more serious
> solution as soon as data get really large. I think of
> using something like GDBM.
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Sebastien
>
> _______________________________________________
> Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management:
> http://yquem.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/caml-list
> Archives: http://caml.inria.fr
> Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners
> Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs
>