CAML on multiple architectures

Paul Steckler (steck@damon.ccs.northeastern.edu)
Fri, 25 Dec 92 19:16:23 EST

From: steck@damon.ccs.northeastern.edu (Paul Steckler)
Subject: CAML on multiple architectures
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 92 19:16:23 EST

I wish to install CAML V3.1 on multiple architectures. All the
architectures share an NFS-mounted disk, so, if possible, I'd like to
put the library code there. Can the executables share this code?
Is it possible to specify, either during installation or via
an environment variable, where the interpreter finds library code?
Any details on how to set this up would be appreciated.

Also, how compatible are CAML program with CAML Light (and vice-versa)?
One motivation for installing CAML is so that I can take CAML Light
programs written on my PC, and run them under CAML on a UNIX box --
and vice-versa.

-- Paul

| Paul Steckler | Desperately seeking clever |
| steck@dworkin.ccs.northeastern.edu | new .signature slogan |