release of Caml Light version 0.6

Christophe Raffalli (cr@dcs.ed.ac.uk)
Wed, 13 Oct 93 12:04:21 BST

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 93 12:04:21 BST
From: Christophe Raffalli <cr@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
To: xavier@Theory.Stanford.edu
Subject: release of Caml Light version 0.6

I am quite interested to have the -custom option, this should be supported.

Moreover, I have another wish (or dream) for further improvement of caml-light :

It is very easy to produce a stand-alone mac application with caml-light: you
just need to replace the data-fork of the caml-light application (I try it, it
works). The only problem: you can't use the libgraph library (It should work
with the -custom option ?).

I think it needs few work to support this kind of production of stand-alone
application even without MPW. (you just need a link command in caml-light,
which should duplicate the resource fork of the application with a new
data-fork produced by the link command. On each archictecture, this command
should create an executable stand-alone application).

Then if you write a Make function in caml-light, you no more need MPW (but,
you need portable functions to acces date of file) !

And to be even nicer, you add some functions to customize a little the menu of
the caml-light application ! (but this won't be portable, so it's perhaps not
so good).

Christophe