Some questions and proposals...

Francisco Valverde Albacete (fva@die.upm.es)
Wed, 16 Feb 94 10:54:22 +0100

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 94 10:54:22 +0100
From: fva@die.upm.es (Francisco Valverde Albacete)
To: caml-list@margaux.inria.fr
Subject: Some questions and proposals...

Hello mailing list,

I hope you don't get discouraged when you see the number of question I
address you...

1) Has anybody developed a module for trees with a variable number of
branches? If so, can I borrow it?

My own solution comes from Reade's:

(* Variable trees *)
type 'a vtree = Vtree of 'a * 'a vtree list;;

type 'a forest = 'a vtree list;;

though, for the sake of efficient updating I have used mutables in the
design (yes, the nasty "can't generalize type.." etc.

I would also thank any ideas for the functionals around the
base type. I have already done some: it_vtree, exists_vtree,
for_all_vtree, do_vtree in the spirit of their list counterparts...

OOPS, I must say I'm coding it in CAML (Heavy)!

2) This is a question mainly to CAML and Camllight implementors: has
anybody thought of a way to migrate in an automatic, or at least semi-
automatic way, modules from one of the systems to the other? I have this
huge quantity of modules in CAML wanting to be compiled in Camllight...!

3) Finally (or so I think), I guess many of us have types and functions
that could be of use for the rest ("reuse" they call it, I think).Is
there anythihg like a freeware repository for CAML and Camllight
modules?
If so, where? If not, could we discuss such a thing? At least a list
or sort of FAQ for people whom to ask for them? I volunteer to receive
and compile a list of people and things (cut and paste, you know) and
send the list back to caml-mailing-list. That'd be something to start
with!

Hope the mail comes in handy for someone else! Au revoir mailing-list!

Francisco Valverde
fva@die.upm.es