Suggestion for Caml Light 0.7 for Mac

Claudio Russo (cvr@dcs.ed.ac.uk)
Fri, 12 May 1995 12:55:44 +0100

Date: Fri, 12 May 1995 12:55:44 +0100
From: Claudio Russo <cvr@dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Subject: Suggestion for Caml Light 0.7 for Mac
To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr

Regarding the announcement of the release of Caml Light 0.7 beta 4

> The Macintosh version has not been recompiled yet.

I don't know how easy it would be to do this but as a Mac user of
Caml Light I find it very inconvenient to keep switching between
the Caml application and my editor. Would it be possible
to make Caml Light scriptable by AppleScript, and to maybe log its top-level
output to a file for easy error location? The simplest interface to Caml Light
would just be a script command which accepts a string and treats it as if it
were top level input. Even better, the command could return the
top-level output as a string to the calling application.

Just a thought,

Claudio

Claudio V. Russo E-mail: cvr@dcs.ed.ac.uk
Computer Science Dept., |(Home:)
University of Edinburgh, |3f1 10 Strathfillan Rd
JCMB,The King's Buildings, |Edinburgh EH9 2AG
Mayfield Road |Scotland
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ,Scotland |Tel: +44 31 447 7962
Tel: +44 31 650 5898 Room: 1403|
Fax: +44 31 667 7209