Re: Caml-Light with TK on the Macintosh

David Barton (dlb@severn.wash.inmet.com)
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:55:34 -0500

Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:55:34 -0500
From: dlb@severn.wash.inmet.com (David Barton)
To: raffalli@cs.chalmers.se
Subject: Re: Caml-Light with TK on the Macintosh

Christophe Raffalli writes:

THe problem is to port tcl and tk to the Mac ! as far as I know,
tcl has been ported (it is used by the alpha editor) but not
tk. porting tk would be a rather difficult job i think .... If I am
wrong could someone tell me ...

You are indeed incorrect; the latest version of TCL/Tk has been ported
to the Mac, and the binary and sources are available. I wanted to
post the address; however, the Sun HTTP server is having problems and
I could not get through.

You could also try to use camlwin, which is not yet ported to Mac
but should be much easier to port ...

The main question for me is: how easy would it be to port camltk.c to
the Mac, and have it call the Mac Tk library? Any ideas?

Dave Barton <*>
dlb@wash.inmet.com )0(
http://www.inmet.com/~dlb