Dynamic linking in CSL?

Mark C. Chu-Carroll (carroll@louie.udel.edu)
Fri, 22 Dec 1995 14:09:29 -0500

To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: Dynamic linking in CSL?
From: "Mark C. Chu-Carroll" <carroll@louie.udel.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 14:09:29 -0500

Is it possible, in CSL, to dynamically load and link a CSL module
which matches a static signature?

(I'm writing an editor, which provides mechanisms for user implemented
enhancements. Most enhancements work as external programs that communicate
with the editor through sockets. But I'd like users to be able to write
enhancements that use the TK binding to alter window behavior. The
only way for them to do such a thing without recompiling the editor
would be to have some sort of dynamic loading. I can handle type safety
by forcing extension packages to comform to a particular signature. But
I really need to have dynamic linking/loading.)

<MC>