Re: contribs

Xavier Leroy (xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr)
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 13:57:48 +0100 (MET)

From: Xavier Leroy <xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr>
Subject: Re: contribs
To: pviton@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu (Philip A. Viton)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 13:57:48 +0100 (MET)

> I've seen several references to caml-light projects which are supposed to be
> found in the /contribs/ subdirectory of the distribution. In the PC
> distribution, there doesn't seem to be any such subdirectory: does this mean
> that the applications won't run under that implementation of the language,
> or do I have to get the files from some place else (and if so,
> where?)

Most of the contributed packages for Caml Light are Unix-specific,
including the debugger, the Tk interface, the graphical browser,
and of course the "libunix" library itself.

Some libraries (libnum, libstr) and tools (mletags, search_isos) could
probably be made to run under MSDOS with little effort. It's just that
I haven't found the time to do this. Besides, there's not much demand.
(Most serious users of Caml Light on a PC seems to run Linux.)

The sources for the contribs are available in the Unix distribution of
Caml Light, in case someone wishes to do the port.

- Xavier Leroy