Re: Moving from caml Light to CSL

Christophe Raffalli (raffalli@logique.jussieu.fr)
Thu, 15 Feb 1996 00:38:50 +0100

Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 00:38:50 +0100
From: raffalli@logique.jussieu.fr (Christophe Raffalli)
To: Guy.Cousineau@ens.fr
Subject: Re: Moving from caml Light to CSL

Hi,

I also faced the problem of having compatibility between CSL and CL. I choosed
to use the tool "convert" coming with the distribution. Then if you capitalize
your Constructors and record fields in the right way, if you do not use where
and limit fun to single case matching, then the result produced by convert
seems directly compilable by CSL. So I have only to modify my caml code to
respect the above convention and I can produce directly usable CSL code in an
automatic way (thanks to convert).

This is better than having small functions because, as far as I know there is
still no inlining in csl.

----
Christophe Raffalli
Dept. of Computer Sciences