Re: O'Caml next release

From: Xavier Leroy (Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 17:23:48 MET

From: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: O'Caml next release
To: christo@nextsolution.co.jp
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:23:48 +0100 (MET)

> In the next release of Objective Caml, will there be changes for objects
> along the lines discussed on the list (more flexible initialization,
> Smalltalk-like method invocation)? Roughly when will the next release become
> available?

I'll let others answer the questions about the object stuff. As for
the next release, I'm planning one at the end of the month or perhaps
in early March. The main visible novelty will be the replay debugger,
which was finally ported from Caml Light, plus an SGI port and a
bunch of small fixes.

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy