PVM and OCAML

From: Jean-Marc Alliot (alliot@recherche.enac.fr)
Date: Tue Mar 18 1997 - 15:56:30 MET

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 15:56:30 +0100
From: Jean-Marc Alliot <alliot@recherche.enac.fr>
To: caml-light@inria.fr
Subject: PVM and OCAML

We have been using PVM intensively with OCAML in the previous
months. I have written a small interface that implements many PVM
calls. I use the builtin facilities of CAML (marshall, unmarshall) for
sending/receiving complete objects without having to
reference/dereference data structures.

We have been using this interface on heavy simulations (2 or 3 days)
with many processors (up to 10) and have noticed no bugs.

We would be happy to have feedback from other users.

The soft is available on our www server
<http://www.recherche.enac.fr>
Look in Software, then retrieve ocamlpvm.

You can also get it from
ftp://ftp.recherche.enac.fr/pub/SRC/ocamlpvm.tgz

        Jean-Marc Alliot