Re: O'Caml refman source

From: Xavier Leroy (xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr)
Date: Thu Apr 03 1997 - 17:35:49 MET DST

From: Xavier Leroy <xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr>
Subject: Re: O'Caml refman source
To: monnier+lists.caml@TEQUILA.SYSTEMSZ.CS.YALE.EDU (Stefan Monnier)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 17:35:49 +0200 (MET DST)

> Is the source of the refman available somewhere ?
> I can see html, dvi, ps, prn, txt (some compressed, some not), it
> seems that they should all derive from some magic source (TeXinfo
> or somesuch).

Actually, the source is in LaTeX with custom macros.

> Why isn't it available ?

The source plus all the translators is pretty complex and not too
clean. Besides, we figured that few, if any, users would actually need
the source of the documentation. Also, we'd rather no see modified
versions of the documentation disseminated here and there. But if you
have any legitimate use for the sources, let us (caml-light@inria.fr)
know and we'll work out something.

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy