[English only, sorry] O'Labl hands off the standard library?

From: Ian T Zimmerman (itz@rahul.net)
Date: Fri Apr 11 1997 - 09:28:16 MET DST

Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 00:28:16 -0700
From: Ian T Zimmerman <itz@rahul.net>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [English only, sorry] O'Labl hands off the standard library?

Hi. I'm quite intrigued by the polymorphic variant type system
extension in O'Labl and I would like to try it; but I thoroughly
dislike the other parts of O'Labl (labels and optionals). Is there a
way to apply just parts of the Ocaml -> O'Labl patch to get just the
polymorphic variants and nothing else? I realize that nothing forces
me to actually _use_ labels and optionals, except --- the standard
library gets labelized! So, I'd be willing to have the entire compiler
patch applied, if only the library is left alone. Please?

--
Ian T Zimmerman                        <itz@rahul.net>
I fully support the President's proposal to test driver's license