Problem with linking num libary under VC5.0

From: Andrew Stevens (Andrew.Stevens@comlab.ox.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 23 1997 - 14:21:58 MET DST

Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 13:21:58 +0100
From: Andrew Stevens <Andrew.Stevens@comlab.ox.ac.uk>
To: CAML list <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Problem with linking num libary under VC5.0

I have been experimenting with OCaml under Windows NT.
Using Visual C++ 5.0 I have been unable to build a top-level
including the num library. The prescribed incantation
fails with linker errors:

ocamlmktop -custom -o uncaml.exe nums.cma %CAMLLIB%/libnums.lib
LIBC.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cinit already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(crt
Error while building custom runtime system

LIBC.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in
LIBCMT.lib(crt0d
at.obj)

Presumably something has changed in the libraries between
VC4.0 and VC5.0 that breaks libnums.lib. Curiously,
the Unix lib links just fine. Can anyone suggest
a work-around?

Andrew

--
PGP Public Key:  finger: as@mercury.comlab.ox.ac.uk