GIF loading/saving library

From: Jun P. Furuse (Jun.Furuse@inria.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 26 1997 - 18:13:08 MET DST

To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: GIF loading/saving library
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 18:13:08 +0200
From: "Jun P. Furuse" <Jun.Furuse@inria.fr>

Bonjour,

  I wrote a small library to load and save GIF image files.

  Actual loading and saving are done in C code, which comes from GD
  library, which I use sometimes and found useful.

  NOTE: I am not sure very well, but I heard LZW compression, which
  the GIF file format uses, is patented by Unisys. They permitted to
  use this algorithm for free just to create free softwares. So, don't
  use this library to earn money.

  The archive is at:

  It is not documented well, but I hope the file gif.mli would explain
  you how to use.

Have fun,

Jun P. Furuse Jun.Furuse@inria.fr
  INRIA
    Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique