Re: Patches for #line directives?

From: Xavier Leroy (xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 15:40:03 MET DST

From: Xavier Leroy <xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr>
Subject: Re: Patches for #line directives?
To: stodghil@cs.cornell.edu (Paul Stodghill)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:40:03 +0200 (MET DST)

> Are there any patches floating around to make Caml-light and/or O'Caml
> support the #line directive?

The latest release of Objective Caml (1.05) supports the

        # linenum "filename"

directive (same format as the directives emitted by the C
preprocessor). It has not been tested extensively yet, but if it works
well and there is interest, we might fold it back into Caml Light later.

> In particular, I'm using noweb to generate
> some Caml code, and I would like the debugger to point me back to the
> original .nw source file.

This should work pretty well as long as you're careful about copying
whole lines from the .nw file to the generated .ml file.

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy