OCaml: problems compiling

From: Paul A. Steckler (steck@socs.uts.EDU.AU)
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 02:21:51 MET DST

From: "Paul A. Steckler" <steck@socs.uts.EDU.AU>
Subject: OCaml: problems compiling
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:21:51 +1000 (EST)

Frequently when compiling a file foo.ml files with ocamlopt
on a Sun Sparc, I get a message like:

        I/O error: foo.cmi: No such file or directory

Note that it's complaining about the .cmi file for the
file currently being compiled, not some other module.

I can usually workaround this problem by removing any
.cmi and .mli files, running ocamlc -c on foo.ml,
and then rerunning ocamlopt. This strategy is
haphazard, though, because I don't know what the
true cause of the problem is.

How can I avoid the error to begin with?

-- Paul