Re: mletags for ocaml

From: Francois Rouaix (Francois.Rouaix@inria.fr)
Date: Fri Jul 18 1997 - 11:55:33 MET DST

From: Francois Rouaix <Francois.Rouaix@inria.fr>
To: Hendrik Tews <tews@tcs.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Subject: Re: mletags for ocaml
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 11:55:33 +0200

> Is there a version of mletags which works with ocaml?
Not yet, I guess.

> Or should I reinstall camllight and use the old mletags for my
> ocaml sources?

I don't think this will work, since mletags relies on parsing of .ml and
.mli files to extract symbols. (*tags programs for other languages generally
use regexps and ad-hoc strategies, but this is a bit weak for Caml.)

I started writing the skeleton program for ocamletags, but was too lazy to
fill-in the blanks (eg. the zillion of mutually recursive functions to walk
an AST and extract the "binder" global symbols). I can send this incomplete
piece of code to anyone feeling impatient.

--f