Thread library for ocamlopt?

From: Ken Wakita (Ken.Wakita@mail.is.titech.ac.jp)
Date: Wed Aug 27 1997 - 11:07:09 MET DST

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 18:07:09 +0900 (JST)
From: Ken Wakita <Ken.Wakita@mail.is.titech.ac.jp>
Subject: Thread library for ocamlopt?

Hi,

Is there a plan to include the Thread module in the native compiler
framework? Or is there a work done with native concurrent ocaml?

I am trying to make a distributed version of ocaml, building a (software)
distributed shared memory using, which allows sharing arbitrary ML data
including closures. On top of the DSM, we would like to provide a
primitive for remote spawning of closures, for instance:

        spawn_at : place -> (unit -> 'a) -> unit

"Spawn_at" copies the closure to the remote host identified by the
"place" and starts a new thread that runs the closure. For this purpose,
we need a light-weight thread library.

Any help or comment is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Ken