Re: Caml Programming Environment

From: Xavier Leroy (Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr)
Date: Fri Oct 24 1997 - 14:54:20 MET DST

From: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: Caml Programming Environment
To: lombao@arrakis.es (Cesar Lombao)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:54:20 +0200 (MET DST)

> I would know if exists any programming environment of caml, (I think
> that is an IDE). Anything like RHIDE for DJGPP, like TURBO C IDE.

The best programming environment for Caml is the Unix operating system
and the GNU Emacs editor. As an added value, both are 100% free, run
on any reasonably recent machine (and a lot of unreasonably old ones),
and give a rock-solid environment for all your computing as well...

If you insist on an MSDOS-style IDE, I don't know any that will work
out of the box with Caml. However, I had a look at RHIDE, and it
seems relatively trivial to adapt to any command-line compiler
(such as Caml Light), not just DJGPP.

> I would like find too some docs about camllex and camlyacc.

In the Caml Light manual, chapter 9:
        hhtp://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/man-caml/index.html

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy