Re: Marshal module.

From: Xavier Leroy (Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr)
Date: Tue Dec 02 1997 - 15:51:15 MET

From: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: Marshal module.
To: Ken.Wakita@is.titech.ac.jp (Ken Wakita)
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:51:15 +0100 (MET)

> Using the Marshal module from the ocaml interpreter, I found its strange
> behavior. Though Marshal.from_string is registered in the Marshal.mli
> interface file, the interpreter complains for "Reference to undefined
> global".

Yes, that's a mistake in the building of ocaml. Basically, the
implementation of the "Marshal" module was removed. The reason you
can still use "Marshal.to_string" is that it's a primitive, not
defined in the implementation of "Marshal", while "Marshal.from_string"
is ML code from the implementation of "Marshal".

The problem will be fixed shortly. Thanks for the bug report, but
really your message doesn't belong to caml-list@inria.fr, you should
have mailed caml-light@inria.fr instead.

Regards,

- Xavier Leroy