Wish List / Future direction?

From: Adam Scislowicz (kor@koure.dyn.ml.org)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 04:01:24 MET

From: Adam Scislowicz <kor@koure.dyn.ml.org>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Wish List / Future direction?
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:01:24 -0500

Near Future Wishes:
  1) independent of ANY external library (libc libm libncurses for example)

  2) reflectivity support :/

  3) dynamic linking of native modules

  4) NASM output as an option at first, but when NASM adds multiplatform support
     it should be used instead of as, this would allow the use of OCAML/NASM without
     the bloat of gcc/gdb/binutils/glibc.

Small changes:
   1) optimization of recursive functions.

WHY?
  I would like to implement an efficient exokernel, and I also would like the base system to
  use as little space as possible. Though without a C library much would have to be rewritten
  we cant keep old things around forever :(...

  I will patch emit.mlp for x86 NASM, and eventually Alpha and StrongARM NASM. I will also
  of course add patches for my object file format, but I cannot implement reflectivity, and
  I was wondering if you planned on it any time soon?

  -Adam Scislowicz(kor@earthling.net)
                  (core@x2.alliance.net)

Thank you for implementing such a powerfull development system :)