RE: documentation automatique

From: Jan Skibinski (jans@numeric-quest.com)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 14:48:16 MET DST

Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 07:48:16 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jan Skibinski <jans@numeric-quest.com>
To: "Adam P. Jenkins" <ajenkins@javanet.com>
Subject: RE: documentation automatique

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Adam P. Jenkins wrote:

> I think he means something like Javadoc, but for O'Caml instead of Java.
> With Javadoc, you put a comment in front of every function or class in your
> code, using some special format for the comments, and then run Javadoc with
> the source code as input. It extracts the special comments and generates an
> HTML document for your code. I've seen several programs like this for C++
> also, but not for Caml yet.

        And soon all sources would be obfuscated by all
        sorts of tags, and hardly directly readable by
        a programmer. Unless we have built powerful tools,
        where original source is no longer important
        -- as in Smalltalk or Eiffel -- this does not look
        to me as a good idea.

        See http://www.numeric-quest.com/news/NQ-comments.html

        Jan