RE: documentation automatique

From: Ken Wakita (Ken.Wakita@is.titech.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 16:36:14 MET DST

From: "Ken Wakita" <Ken.Wakita@is.titech.ac.jp>
To: <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: documentation automatique
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 23:36:14 +0900

-----Original Message-----
From: Jae-Youn Chung <jay@compiler.kaist.ac.kr>
To: Vincent Poirriez <poirriez@univ-valenciennes.fr>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr <caml-list@inria.fr>
Date: Sunday, August 30, 1998 1:49 AM

>* Vincent Poirriez <poirriez@univ-valenciennes.fr>, 8/27/1998 - 14:39
>| I am just reading the new html manual for ocaml 2.0. I appreciate the
>| introduction of colours in ocaml presentation.
>
> let me just ask for a favor of me to html version of manual
> distributors. I believe that emacs with caml mode and html manual is
> a perfect combination for programming in caml.
> In many cases, I really miss for the tools like HyperSpec in common
> lisp community provided from Harlequin which can be browsed directly
> from emacs with small pieces of codes (called hyperspec.el).
> This is possible because HyperSpec html document has
> <a name="blablah"> xx</a> every identifiers so that we can easily
> extract that attributes and write down small elisp code with
> browse-url feature.
>
> I've tried to extract every function and type and exceptions in
O'caml
> manual by observing the patterns but which is not so accurate and in
> some cases failed :(.

A few months ago I made a small program which I call "ocamlman". It is
a graphical browsing system of the Ocaml manual. Ocaml man retrieves
from the TEXT version of the ocaml manual all the types, functions,
functors. Its menu contains a contents index and module indices. The
look and
feel is like the on-line manual of Gambit originally developed on the
Macintosh platform. I can contribute the code to this list if people
are interested. A small hurdle is that you need OlablTk 1.07 to make it
work.

Ken