Q: Caml toplevel thru Web (HTTP or CGI)?

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH (basile.starynkevitch@cea.fr)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 10:57:14 MET DST

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH <basile.starynkevitch@cea.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 10:57:14 +0200 (CEST)
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Q: Caml toplevel thru Web (HTTP or CGI)?

Hello All,

I am an OCaml promoter inside my organization (thousands of physicists &
numericians)

I would like to set a demo (available thru our intranet) usable by
anyone (people have Win95 PCs and Unix workstation). The most sexy
approach would be a Ocaml (or even a tiny CAML subset)
interactive toplevel interpreter thru Web (HTML forms).

I looked inside ocaml-2.00/toplevel and it seems to me that changing
the read compile execute print loop is not really trivial...

Did anyone coded such a thing?

Otherwise, I'll switch to a telnet session -essentially a guestcaml
login whose shell is Ocaml (with a security wrapper doing chroot
etc...)

Thanks for reading.

N.B. Any opinions expressed here are onely mine, and not of my organization.
N.B. Les opinions exprimees ici me sont personnelles et n engagent pas le CEA.

Basile STARYNKEVITCH ---- Commissariat à l Energie Atomique
DRN/DMT/SYSCO * CEA/Saclay bat.460 * 91191 GIF/YVETTE CEDEX * France
fax: (33) 1,69.08.96.96; phone: 1,69.08.40.66; home: 1,46.65.45.53
email: Basile point Starynkevitch at cea point fr
I speak french, english, russian. Je parle français, anglais, russe.