RE: Caml toplevel thru Web (HTTP or CGI)?

From: Mitchell, Brian, VBAVACO (IMCBMITC@vba.va.gov)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 15:31:03 MET DST

To: "caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: Caml toplevel thru Web (HTTP or CGI)?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 09:31:03 -0400
From: "Mitchell, Brian, VBAVACO" <IMCBMITC@vba.va.gov>

>Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
>> I am an OCaml promoter inside my organization (thousands of
>> physicists & numericians)

Excellent! I am also an OCaml promoter at my workplace (contractor for
the U.S. Government in Washington, D.C.).

>> I would like to set a demo (available thru our intranet) usable
> by anyone (people have Win95 PCs and Unix workstation). The most
>> sexy approach would be a Ocaml (or even a tiny CAML subset)
>> interactive toplevel interpreter thru Web (HTML forms).

Great idea!! I'd love to see such a product...however, wouldn't this
take lots of research into building a CGI / HTML front-end (or something
similiar) then implementing the OCaml back-end? Could this turn into an
open-source project? I'd say "yes" for both questions. Any other
thoughts?

>> Did anyone (ever) code such a thing?

I've never heard of anything like this being out there -- but, then
again, I'm fairly new to the OCaml world.

Brian Mitchell