Re: Local definitions

From: Anton Moscal (msk@post.tepkom.ru)
Date: Wed Oct 14 1998 - 15:47:38 MET DST

Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:47:38 +0400 (MSD)
From: Anton Moscal <msk@post.tepkom.ru>
To: Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: Local definitions

On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Xavier Leroy wrote:

> I've never found a convincing example of a type or exception
> declaration local to an expression.

I know only one useful example of the local exceptions. I include it
in my first letter. But it's enough important example (by my opinion):
This is structured goto from complex nested construction with returning
value.

Since exceptions can't be polymorphic, for each type of returned value we
need specific exception. I don't know any other convenient way to do
this.

Regards,
Anton E. Moscal