Re: Anyone ported OCamlTk to Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows?

From: Francois Pessaux (pessaux@mouton.inria.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 09:54:19 MET

To: bpr@best.com, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: Anyone ported OCamlTk to Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:54:19 +0100
From: Francois Pessaux <pessaux@mouton.inria.fr>

Hi,

> It appears that the Tcl C interface has changed a bit in going from 7.6 to
> 8.0, and while the Unix port was not affected the Windows port was.
Unix port *was* also affected. We had to write a patch to compile the whole
stuff.

> which affect the file ocamltk41\support\cltkFile.c, which uses the
> obsolete Tcl_GetFile function and Tcl_File type.
If TCL_MAJOR_VERSION is defined >= 8 then the compiled source will use the new
Tcl_GetFile.
cltkEval.c, cltkImg.c, cltkFile.c where patched to use the new API (you can
find locations by "grep-ing" TCL_MAJOR_VERSION or 8).

That's strange, because all you said seems to be patched in the last release.
Make sure that when compiling, TCL_MAJOR_VERSION is defined and >= 8.
If the problems are still present, then we should have a look with Francois
Rouaix.

        --Francois