OCaml debugging on NT

From: Dimitry Kloper (dimka@my-dejanews.com)
Date: Wed Dec 16 1998 - 16:20:26 MET

To: caml-list@inria.fr
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:20:26 -0700
From: "Dimitry Kloper" <dimka@my-dejanews.com>
Subject: OCaml debugging on NT

I am starting a relatively large project which will extensively deal
with 3d graphics (based on OPenGL) from one side and parsing of different
text formats (e.g. HTML) from other. My primary platform is winNT.
I am at stage of choosing primary implementation language.

OCaml seems to be very attractive for me, but I can't find any really useful
debugging tools, especially for NT. ocamldebug is unavailable on NT. As far as
I understand it is not portable because of buggy sockets interface on NT.
#trace facility on toplevel seems to be useful, but it doesn't work with
class methods (or at least I didn't succeed to trace a method), and prints
info only about control flow and parameters, while I would expect output
like `/bin/sh -x`. Inserting print statements is always an option, but
it is very inconvenient, especially on beginning stages of the project.

So, my question is about known techniques of debugging and tracing of OCaml
code.

What I would expect is something like John's Libes tcl-debug for tcl.

Thanks.

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/ Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums