Re: Subsequence references or substrings in OCaml

From: Mark Hayden (hayden@ispchannel.com)
Date: Sun Dec 27 1998 - 22:03:15 MET

Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:03:15 +0000
From: Mark Hayden <hayden@ispchannel.com>
To: Michael Hicks <mwh@dsl.cis.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Subsequence references or substrings in OCaml

You'll also find support for management of sub-strings
in the Ensemble group communication toolkit written in Ocaml.
Most of the data that moves through our protocols is
message data contained in 'substring' data structures
and so their implementation turns out to heavily impact the
performance of the Ensemble protocols. The substring
implementation is described in a section of the paper
"Distributed Communication in ML", which can be found at

  http://simon.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/hayden/publications.htm

The "substring" module are in the buffer subdirectory
of the Ensemble distribution.

--Mark