Obj module

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 17:38:23 MET

From: Markus Mottl <mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject: Okasaki's "Purely Functional Data Structures" translated to OCAML
To: caml-list@inria.fr (OCAML)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 17:38:23 +0100 (MET)

ENGLISH VERSION:

Hello,

Just a short time ago I purchased Chris Okasaki's book "Purely
Functional Data Structures", which contains a great number of interesting
implementations of rather new data structures - unfortunately in SML
and Haskell only.

To make life easier for OCAML-programmers, I have started to translate
the sources from SML to OCAML - even applying lazy evaluation (module
"Lazy") as proposed by the author.

Until now, all sources until chapter six have been ported. You can download
them from:

  http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl/ocaml_sources/intro.html

During the next days (if I have time), I will try to make the rest of
the sources available. If you want to help - mail me!

I have not yet had enough time to test all of the modules - they at least
typecheck correctly. But since the differences to SML are not really so
drastical, I guess that most modules should work correctly.

See the README in the distribution for more details.

Best regards,
Markus Mottl

-----

VERSION FRANCAISE (brève):

Bonjour,

J'ai commencé à traduire les modules du livre "Purely Functional Data
Structures" de Chris Okasaki de SML en OCAML.

Vous pouvez les obtenir de l'adresse suivante:

  http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl/ocaml_sources/intro.html

En ce moment, seulement les premiers six chapitres sont traduits,
mais cela changera bientôt.

Cordialement,
Markus Mottl

--