Re: Obj module

From: Jacques GARRIGUE (garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp)
Date: Wed Jan 20 1999 - 03:29:04 MET

To: tews@irritatie.cs.kun.nl
Subject: Re: Obj module
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:29:04 +0900
From: Jacques GARRIGUE <garrigue@kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp>

From: Hendrik Tews <tews@irritatie.cs.kun.nl>

> where can I find documentation on the Obj module in the standard
> library?

There is (intentionally) no documentation to this module.
But it shall be rather easy to understand once you read the chapter on
interfacing with C in the reference manual, which gives lots of
information about how values are represented physically.

> Can somebody explain the meaning of those C primitives starting
> with a percent sign, eg "%identity"?

These primitives are handled in a special way by the compiler.
For "%identity", it is simply discarded, as you might expect.
Some others are converted to instructions of the abstract machine.
And finally some may really call C primitives.
The only way to really know what happens is to read the compiler's
sources.

Jacques
Jacques Garrigue Kyoto University garrigue at kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp
                <A HREF=http://wwwfun.kurims.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~garrigue/>JG</A>