Re: C program analyser in Ocaml?

From: Gerd Stolpmann (Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de)
Date: Fri Jan 22 1999 - 21:58:31 MET

From: Gerd Stolpmann <Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de>
To: Basile STARYNKEVITCH <Basile.Starynkevitch@cea.fr>
Subject: Re: C program analyser in Ocaml?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 21:58:31 +0100

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, you wrote:

>Is there somewhere the sources of a C program analyser (or just
>parser) in Ocaml?

In 1997 I began a project that was intended to simplify ad-hoc usage
of given C libraries in Ocaml. I have never completed it because of
fights with the garbage collector, and because I had doubts if it was
really useful.

The idea was to read a given C header file and automatically generate
stub functions and other needed auxiliary functions dealing with the
type mapping between C and Ocaml. As far as I can remember the program
contains a lexer and a parser limited to header files, i.e. it cannot parse
function bodies, but I think this is simple to add.

You can find the program on
http://people.darmstadt.netsurf.de/Gerd.Stolpmann/ocaml/fragments/cigen.tgz

Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
Viktoriastr. 100
64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de (privat)
Germany