Re: Looking for a nail

From: Lyn A Headley (laheadle@cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 00:01:12 MET

To: cullenx@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Looking for a nail
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:01:12 -0600
From: Lyn A Headley <laheadle@cs.uchicago.edu>

>>>>> "Miles" == Miles Egan <cullenx@earthlink.net> writes:

    Miles> I've been working with OCaml on my own for the past two
    Miles> weeks or so and think I'm finally ready to take on a real
    Miles> project. I feel like I've just come upon a beautiful new
    Miles> hammer and I want to find some nails to hit with it.

Ocaml could really use some nice database interfaces. Any of
Postgresql, Mysql, or the free sybase or oracle bindings would go a
long way toward making ocaml attractive for free software hackers. I
would also consider a web server and/or some HTML generation
utilities.

-Lyn