mlgtk

From: Pascal Cuoq (pcuoq@ens-lyon.fr)
Date: Mon Jan 25 1999 - 14:46:12 MET

From: Pascal Cuoq <pcuoq@ens-lyon.fr>
Subject: mlgtk
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:46:12 +0100 (MET)

Mlgtk provides bindings between Gtk (the GIMP ToolKit, see
http://www.gtk.org for info) and Ocaml (if you read this list
you don't need a link). David Monniaux started the project
sometime in 1997 (at a time when the Gtk interface was still
changing daily in incompatibles ways).

Although mlgtk is not quite complete, I think it is time
for "going public", at least to avoid any more "what's up with
mlgtk? are they dead?" kind of messages in this list.

So (Miles Egan, this is for you!) if you have time to waste,
you can download it, test it, propose patches, tutorials
and other improvements for the real public announcement of mlgtk
which should occur within a couple of weeks.

In particular, something which could afford to be more polished
is ease-of-installation. But try it out (configure is for wimps
anyway)!

A snapshot is always present there:
http://www.eleves.ens.fr:8080/~monniaux/download/mlgtk.tar.gz
but I can't tell you how up-to-date it tends to be, as I
don't use it. You can also use this link:
http://pauillac.inria.fr/~cuoq/mlgtk_snapshot/
which point right into my version of the CVS tree.

Pascal