OcamlDB: Connecting to a DBMS

From: Gerd Stolpmann (Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 04:17:43 MET

From: Gerd Stolpmann <Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: OcamlDB: Connecting to a DBMS
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:17:43 +0100

Hi,

I've put the current EXPERIMENTAL version of my DBMS interface to
http://people.darmstadt.netsurf.de/Gerd.Stolpmann/ocaml/ocamldb.tgz

It is a driver written in (C-)embedded SQL; the details of the driver
are designed for the Adabas D DBMS, but it should be not so hard to derive
drivers for other DBMS. The driver has a generic part that is DBMS-independent
and that can be coupled with a low-level part doing the actual connection to
the DBMS.

In a few weeks there will be a driver for Informix DBMS, too.

For the details, see the README file in the package.

A demo version of Adabas D for Linux can be downloaded from SuSE at
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/SuSE-Linux/5.3/suse/pay1/adabas.rpm (37 megabytes).
At this location there is documentation, too. The demo version is
restricted (size of DB + number of users). Please note that I've no
commercial interest in announcing that; it's only that I had good experience
with this particular DBMS in the past.

Gerd

Gerd Stolpmann      Telefon: +49 6151 997705 (privat)
Viktoriastr. 100
64293 Darmstadt     EMail:   Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de (privat)
Germany