Re: If i had a hammer / Si javais un marteau, je serais..

From: Christian Lindig (lindig@ips.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Thu Jan 28 1999 - 12:29:40 MET

Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:29:40 +0100
From: Christian Lindig <lindig@ips.cs.tu-bs.de>
Subject: Re: If i had a hammer / Si javais un marteau, je serais..

> The Markus Mottl message have revealed me that it could be good to have
> a page presenting the software developping under Caml and also projects
> under construction.. with
> - a short description,
> - name of the author(s) with mail, link to home page and other stuff,
> - last version / a progress indicator if it is a project
> - .. snapshots.. every thing that could have an interest..

Sounds like a good idea to me; perhaps something similar to the
Comprehensive Perl/Tex Archive Network (CPAN http://www.cpan.org/,
CTAN http://www.ctan.org) -- we could call it CCAN - Comprehensive
Caml Archive Network. I'm not familiar with the organization of this
basar style code pools but think they provide a good role model.

-- Christian

--
 Christian Lindig   Technische Universitaet Braunschweig, Germany
                    http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/softech/people/lindig