Re: interactive errors in Emacs [Was: looking for a nail]

From: Didier Remy (remy@morgon.inria.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 20:03:29 MET

Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:03:29 +0100
From: Didier Remy <remy@morgon.inria.fr>
To: Ian T Zimmerman <itz@transbay.net>
Subject: Re: interactive errors in Emacs [Was: looking for a nail]

> Toby Moth in his list of recent Ocaml work:
>
> > * Ocaml tools/Extensions
> > From: Didier Remy <remy@morgon.inria.fr>
> > Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998
> > Where: N/A
>
> > Says: ( not on caml mailing list )
>
> > By the way I made my own addition to the caml-mode in order to
> > highlight errors in the toplevel interactive loop as well
>
> This, too has already been added to Jacques' snapshot :-) But the
> rest of this abstract looks valuable, can we (either the list or me &
> Jacques) see the code, please Didier?

I thought I alrady sent it... Here is it (attached).

This is not doing much, but I find this quite convenient when using the
toplevel as a powerful pocket calculator desk. It is a quick unpolished
patch over Jacques' mode that reuses the error highlighting code from the
compile mode to make it work in the toplevel mode as well.

Another trivial thing is the redefinition of eval-phrase, so that the cursor
moves to the end of the phrase unless an error occurs. This enables the
evaluation of N phrases (prefix arg) or stop at the first error.

    -Didier.