unsigned word type in OCaml?

From: Sussillo, David (sussillo@ftintl.com)
Date: Fri Jan 29 1999 - 23:23:00 MET

From: "Sussillo, David" <sussillo@ftintl.com>
To: "'caml-list@inria.fr'" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: unsigned word type in OCaml?
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 99 14:23:00 PST

Hello,

I'm working on a low level systems project, and I'm thinking about using
OCaml as the langauge. However, try as I might, I simply cannot find a
reference to a machine word type.

More specially, I need:
a. byte access to machine words
b. unsigned 32 bit quantities (e.g. physical address)
c. bitwise boolean operations (shifts, not, and & or)

Have I missed something either in the mailing list or the documentation?
 What about (yuk) storing my OCaml words as strings and then passing
these strings to C and operating on them there? Wouldn't be great, but
maybe a it's a temporary solution.

Thanks,
dave