Re: unsigned word type in OCaml?

From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre (filliatr@lri.fr)
Date: Sun Jan 31 1999 - 13:20:57 MET

From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre <filliatr@lri.fr>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:20:57 +0100 (MET)
To: "Sussillo, David" <sussillo@ftintl.com>
Subject: Re: unsigned word type in OCaml?

> I'm working on a low level systems project, and I'm thinking about using
> OCaml as the langauge. However, try as I might, I simply cannot find a
> reference to a machine word type.
>
> More specially, I need:
> a. byte access to machine words
> b. unsigned 32 bit quantities (e.g. physical address)
> c. bitwise boolean operations (shifts, not, and & or)

One year ago, I wrote a small (boxed) 32-bit integers library for
ocaml, which is freely available here :

       http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ftp/ocaml/int32/

It provides the standard operations, including bitwise boolean operations.
It is easy to adapt it to unsigned 32-bit integers.

--
Jean-Christophe FILLIATRE
  mailto:Jean-Christophe.Filliatre@lri.fr