Wishlist!

From: David McClain (dmcclain@azstarnet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 01 1999 - 05:12:37 MET

From: "David McClain" <dmcclain@azstarnet.com>
To: "Liste CAML" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Wishlist!
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:12:37 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BE4D5E.6DE34CB0

Gee, OCAML is such a pleasure to use, and invariably, when I have a bug, =
it turns out to be in my external C routines. It sure would be nice if =
OCAML is someday extended to support a wider variety of datatypes (e.g., =
bytes, shorts, longs, floats, etc.) so that I can just skip this =
wasteful practice of coding in C. We could then enjoy using OCAML for =
all the systems level programming chores that plague us on a daily =
basis!

I still can't get over the amazement I have when, after making =
substantial architectural changes to existing code, that it works so =
well and without any bugs! I have never seen anything quite like it =
before!

David McClain
Sr. Scientist
Raytheon Missile Systems Co.