Re: memory management, allocation and collection in kernel mode.

From: Mark Hayden (hayden@ispchannel.com)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 04:52:30 MET

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 03:52:30 +0000
From: Mark Hayden <hayden@ispchannel.com>
To: "Sussillo, David" <sussillo@ftintl.com>
Subject: Re: memory management, allocation and collection in kernel mode.

It is not clear to me exactly what you are asking about,
however, I can tell that it is possible to run Ocaml
code in the Linux kernel. I got an Ocaml program to run
as a dynamically loadable kernel module without
too many problems. As far as memory management is concerned,
the approach I took was to intercept the calls to malloc()
that Ocaml made to add new heap segments.

--Mark