Opening a file for both reading and writing

From: Shin-Cheng Mu (scmu@iis.sinica.edu.tw)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 11:00:21 MET

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 18:00:21 +0800
From: Shin-Cheng Mu <scmu@iis.sinica.edu.tw>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Opening a file for both reading and writing

Is it allowed to open a file for both reading and writing?

I opened the same file for reading and writing in 2 seperate
channels. Some anomalies happened, e.g. reading from a position
after overwriting some old data doesn't get the newly written
value.

So if I want read/write file access, is there a simple way
to do so besides using UNIX module? I prefer the core library
because Marshalling works better with standard channel library.

Thanks.

sincerely,
Shin-Cheng Mu