anonymous CVS server for Caml sources

From: Xavier Leroy (xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 11:44:15 MET

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:44:15 +0100
From: Xavier Leroy <xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr>
To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: anonymous CVS server for Caml sources

We have set up an anonymous CVS server providing read-only access to
the Objective Caml and Caml Light source trees, including working
sources as well as previously released versions. The sources can also
be browsed on the Web thanks to the cool "cvsweb" script. All this is
available through

        http://camlcvs.inria.fr/

We hope that this access to the working sources will make life easier
for those who develop Caml code tied to the internals of the system,
and will also facilitate the beta-testing of new features and bug fixes.

However, these working sources are by definition unstable and not
reliable, so we recommend that the general public sticks to "official"
releases rather than rely on the latest development sources.

Some users have expressed interest in a read-write CVS repository for
shared developments across sites. Barring last-minute security
problems, we should be able to provide such a repository on the
camlcvs.inria.fr machine. Accesses must be done through ssh, and
accounts must be requested in advance, however. If you are
interested, please contact caml-light@inria.fr.

Have fun,

- Xavier Leroy