Re: The Ocaml Link Database

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 11:57:18 MET

From: Markus Mottl <mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject: Re: The Ocaml Link Database
To: Gerd.Stolpmann@darmstadt.netsurf.de
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:57:18 +0100 (MET)

Hello!

> Here is a first approximation of what we have discussed some weeks ago:
> The Ocaml Link Database. It is a web application where everybody can
> simply enter links to software he or she wants to contribute. The
> data model is rather simple: every item is described by
> title, subtitle, release number, the owner of the item, and
> two hyperlinks, one called "Info", the other called "Download".

Nice idea! Maybe it would make sense to part the development access
(CVS) and the download section and use your system for the management
of the latter.

But...

> As the age of the application is only several hours there might be
> still terrible bugs in it. So I think it should be regarded as
> test application that I present you for further discussion and, of
> course, bug hunting.

Indeed ;-)

I entered a link, but the info-link got a wrong prefix. I wanted to
delete it and it did so - with Jean-Christophe Filliatre's entry! Sorry,
Jean-Christoph! ;-)

> If the application meets your requirements, I could place a
> final release on the same server. (It is a pure Web server,
> so I can't put a CVS server on it, too.)

Maybe the first thing we could put under control of the new CVS-server
at INRIA is your system - then we could immediately start debugging and
extending it on a more public basis so that we can really use it for
production purposes...

Best regards,
Markus

--